Development Plan of Estonian Logistics and Freight Forwarding Association 2010-2015
ELFA (Estonian Logistics and Freight Forwarding Association):
- is a legal person governed by private law, a non-profit association;
- is a voluntary of undertakings who are legal persons whose purpose is to protect the joint interests related to their field of activity;
- unites business operators who provide services related to freight forwarding or logistics, or people who are not service providers but whose area of activity is related to such operations;
- the members of ELFA have a liability insurance in the area of activity related to freight forwarding or logistics (the insurance requirement does not apply to associate members);
- does not intervene into the business activity of the members.
The vision of ELFA is to make Estonia a preferred transport passage.
The mission of ELFA is to unite the logistics sector of Estonia and create a stable, transparent, and innovative business environment.
The strategy of ELFA is the following:
- To represent the interests of the member companies of ELFA in international professional organisations, to actively develop co-operation with other professional unions, state institutions, and infrastructure companies, and to strengthen the organisation by means of mergers and enlargements, if necessary and possible.
- To introduce the logistics sector of Estonia and the opportunities and potential thereof at an international level, and participate in the development and implementation of the marketing plan of the Estonian logistics sector.
- To concentrate service providers of the whole logistic chain.
- To regulate the market, bind different links of the logistics chain together, and improve the efficiency of the activity to the extent of the whole chain.
- To bind the logistics sector with other areas of economy in Estonia, and actively co-operate with other organisations.
- To contribute to organising training market related to logistics, and ensure the availability of internationally recognised standards (FIATA Minimum Standard) and competence training corresponding thereto (FIATA Diploma Training) in Estonia.