NOTICE OF ELEA, 4 MARCH 2021
In autumn 2020 the work of the Estonian Logistics and Freight Forwarding Association (hereinafter ELEA) was reorganized, as a result of which the position of the secretary-general of ELEA was liquidated. Also, the articles of association and structure of the association were changed. The members of the association elected the supervisory board for the first time for the next two years with the following members: Andres Matkur – ACE Logistics Estonia AS became members; Remo Kirss – DPD Eesti AS; Toomas Orutar – Logistika Pluss OÜ; Rainer Rohtla – Via3L OÜ; Joel Timm – Balti Logistika AS; Raul Toomsalu – Operail AS. On Friday, 27 November 2020, Toomas Orutar was unanimously chosen the chairman of the supervisory board of the Estonian Logistics and Freight Forwarding Association (ELEA). The supervisory board elected and confirmed Herkki Kitsing as a new member and chairman of the management board of ELEA. Related to the amendments of the articles of association and restructuring, the work of ELEA has become much more active by co-operating more with several ministries, authorities, embassies and other professional associations and organizations both in Estonia and abroad.
In 2021 ELEA has focused on the following topics, which are actively addressed to at the level of both management and supervisory board:
• We will increase the membership of ELEA
• We will fight to ensure that excise duties on diesel fuel remain at the same level as in 2020
• Under our leadership, we apply for permitting long loads of 25.25 m and 34.5 m on the Estonian roads
• We make sure that there is enough labour in our sector, we participate in the ministry’s roundtable on migrant labour issues
• We will talk about environmental issues and heavy vehicle tax issues
• We participate in e-CMR, paperless administration in Single Window projects
• We issue FIATA documents (FBL, FCR, FWB, FFI)
• We contribute to the organization of the training market related to logistics in order to ensure the availability of internationally recognized standards (FIATA Minimum Standard) and the corresponding competence training (FIATA Diploma Training) in Estonia
• We provide various statistical and salary surveys to members
• We organize virtually cross-sectoral meetings
• We participate in committees, working groups and roundtables.
Chairman of the supervisory board of ELEA
Member of the management board of ELEA